Your Shenhav Jewelry will stay as fresh looking as when you first received it if you handle it gently and keep in mind the pieces are made from natural materials that react to the environment.
All pearls and most stones, especially the softer ones such as malachite and turquoise, will absorb oils, sprays and chemicals, and eventually be affected (turquoise will darken or turn yellowish, for example). Basic jewelry care should become part of your routine.
- Jewelry is delicate, particularly items with textile or natural stone components, so please handle carefully. If dropped stones and beads may break.
- Apply your makeup and perfume before you put on your jewelry.
- Be sure to take off your jewelry before applying hand and body creams/lotions. If possible, avoid putting perfume or body lotion where your necklace or bracelet will lay so the chemicals do not accumulate on your jewelry.
- Never use any detergents, or any chemical cleaners or polishes.
- Clean gently with a soft, dry cloth.
- Avoid long exposure to sunlight as this may cause tarnishing and discoloration.
- Avoid contact with water. Remove all jewelry before showering or conducting household tasks such as cleaning.
- Store jewelry in a clean, dry environment, preferably in separate pouches or boxes.